Description - The ARCO Networking community enables professionals to network online in a password protected environment. Unless otherwise indicated, the ARCO Networking community is not affiliated in any way with any employer or sponsoring organization. Certain areas are secured and only registered users with a valid password may access them. Members must be 18 years of age or older.
Privacy Commitment - The ARCO Network is committed to protecting the privacy of our users. We want to provide a safe, secure user experience. We will use our best efforts to ensure that the information you submit to us remains private, and is used only for the purposes as set forth herein. To fulfill our commitment to you, we have adopted the following policies:
- If your Email address should change, you must access your member profile and update the address to ensure that only authorized users have knowledge of the password. Each member is responsible for maintaining the accuracy of his or her password, and for protecting its security outside the ARCO Networking website. Under no circumstances will the ARCO Network or Alumni Web Services, Inc. be responsible for any damage, injury, or loss of any kind arising from or related to unauthorized use of a member's password where the ARCO Network and/or AWS did not cause that unauthorized use.
- The content on the ARCO Network will not be sold, leased, or otherwise distributed to third parties without that member's permission.
- The website is not intended for use as a mass mailing list. Members may contact one another through the Message feature, and emails remain confidential until an individual chooses to respond to a message.
- The ARCO Network dba Alumni Web Services Inc. (AWS) reserves the right to change the site's search capabilities, features and terms and conditions at any time, without prior notice. AWS reserves the right to edit or amend content which is considered unprofessional or in some way harmful or distasteful.
- We gather and retain information about members in order to determine which features of the site are most beneficial for our users, and to help us understand how we can create a better member experience. For example, we are interested in measuring the areas visited most frequently and what services are accessed most often.
Content & Monitoring - To enrich the ARCO networking experience, we may keep track of member activity during visits, and we require that such activity does not misuse the site. In support of this:
- We do not disclose information about your individual visits to the ARCO Networking website. We do not disclose personal information that you provide, such as your name, address, email address, telephone number, etc., to any outside parties, except with your permission or as required by law.
- AWS reserves the right to inspect all traffic on the ARCO website, but does not routinely monitor traffic. At our absolute discretion, we will remove/alter any emails/messages/site content which we consider unacceptable. AWS will not be responsible for any damage, injury, harm, or loss of any kind arising out of the authorized or legally required disclosure of information to third parties.
- You may not create any emails/messages/site content which could be illegal or harmful/offensive to others. You may not use the site to transmit any unsolicited advertising, "junk mail", "spam", or "chain letters". In case of any doubt, advice may be sought from firstname.lastname@example.org.
Limitation of Liability - While AWS attempts to ensure the eligibility of its members prior to their access, AWS makes no guarantees to the accuracy or the validity of the information posted by its members or recruiters on the AWS website. Under no circumstances will AWS be responsible for any damage, injury, harm, or loss arising out of or related in any way to any information or advertising posted on the AWS website by members, recruiters, employers, or any other party.
Advertising - AWS uses various methods of online advertising including but not limited to banner advertisements. These advertisements may be targeted towards a group of individuals based on user-entered information such as, but not limited to, employment status and employer or organizational affiliation. AWS will not provide information about any individual user to any advertiser. AWS may, however, provide aggregate usage and demographic data to advertisers to understand viewing totals. AWS is not responsible or liable for the accuracy of advertising statements.
Membership - AWS reserves the right to modify, remove or refuse membership at its discretion.
Newsletter and Communications - AWS produces an electronic newsletter and other electronic communications. Upon registering, AWS will subscribe you to the electronic newsletter mailing list. You may unsubscribe at any time. The electronic newsletter and other electronic mailings will be a public feature. However, links to the password protected areas of the ARCO Alumni website will only be accessible with a user name and password. Those electing to receive the electronic newsletter will also be included in other electronic mailings from time to time. These may be commercial solicitations, employment opportunities from client companies or other electronic mailings which AWS deems appropriate.
Copyright - All content on the ARCO Alumni website is copyrighted by AWS and remains the exclusive property of AWS. All information placed on the ARCO Alumni website by members and employers becomes the property of AWS. If you believe that your work has been copied and is accessible through the site in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, advice may be sought from email@example.com.
Service Marks - Alumni In Touch, Who's Doing What? and Reunion Hall are all service marks of AWS.